Monday, March 23, 2009

Room for improvements


I like ESPN's tennis coverage. You can see that they throw the money at tournaments that they cover.

I do not like Tennis Channel's coverage. One the reasons was mentined in my previous post - they are stingy! No early round coverages.

Another reason is that they are inflexible. You can see the dullness last weekend. Tennis Channel was lucky enough to broadcast the first couple of rounds at Indian Wells. And they showed one match at a time, and never cut to another match even though the latter was at a tie-break stage. They even showed the 10 minute warm up for the next match on the main court, instead of cutting to an on-going match that was near the climax. The only reason I can think of is that Tennis Channel is underfunded.

And who wants to listen to the same old commentators talking about the players during the 10 minute warm up? Spare me the boredom! You can talk about the stats like two minutes before the game actually begins, but don't waste the time - show me other actions!

FSN is more like ESPN. The producer would cut to other matches during change over. But this does not make FSN a better network because I HATE FSN!!!!

And Tennis Channel has more to learn. They can the improvement by showing the early rounds for the regular tournaments for which they got the broadcasting rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment